Situated on scenic Apra Harbor, Sumay Marina Adventure center offers a variety of activities for water sports enthusiasts. Enjoy a day of sightseeing, fishing or diving on one of our 19′ Edgewater rental boats that feature, T-tops with rod holders, dual seats at the helm station, lots of storage, deep-V hulls (more stability), and 4-stroke engines. To rent boats, you must have a National Association of Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) endorsed certificate, which is recognized by the U.S. Coast Guard as exceeding the minimum requirement of the National Recreational Boating Safety Program. If you need a certificate, go to BOATUS.ORG, click the link for Online Courses, then on to the Free Boating Safety Course. Choose any state that is endorsed by NASBLA. After you have successfully completed your course, print a certificate and present it to the marina staff and they will assist you with scheduling a check ride on our boats. Reservations start at $100 plus the cost of fuel for four hours of boating. For boat owners, two boat-launch ramps are provided as well as outdoor dry storage pads and wet slips at the marina docks.
After a day of boating, enjoy a refreshing cold beverage and delicious burger or tasty pizza upstairs at First Strike Pizza. This is an open-air restaurant overlooking the gorgeous tropical blue waters of the marina.
Boat Charter Service available at Sumay Marina Adventure Center
What is included?
U.S. Coast Guard certified captain, reels, lures, ice, fish boxes, fuel, beverages & small snacks.
Please feel free to bring your favorite beverages and food (But NO BANANAS). In addition it is recommended that you bring sunglasses, hat, towel and sunscreen.
The best season for deep sea trolling is October through April when Mahi-Mahi (Dorado) and Wahoo (Ono) are in season. Trolling during the summer months targets various types of tuna (Bonita and Yellow Fin) or billfish (Marlin and Sailfish). Captain Dieter runs between 4-5 lines to ensure the greatest chance to catch.
Departure times are flexible and chosen by you!
Earlier morning departure times or longer charters can be arranged for our serious fishermen. All departures are currently from Sumay Cove Marina on Naval Base Guam, unless otherwise arranged by the captain.
* A 50% non refundable deposit is required when making a reservation. This deposit will be applied to the charter fee.
* 24 hour notice for cancellation or rescheduling without losing your deposit.
* We do not offer same day reservation for fishing charters.
* Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to charter start time .
* Deep Sea Fishing- $350 for 4 hours - $450 for 6 hours - $550 for 8 hours. Maximum 4 persons.
* Dive Taxi/ Snorkeling/ Spearfishing- $40 per person for 4 hours. Minimum 4 persons.
* Wakeboarding- $30 for 20min or $40 for 30min
* Tubing- $30- 20min or $40 for 30min
* Sunset Charter- Please contact us for customized quote. Rates Vary.
Your opinion matters! We are conducting a survey to better help serve our Service Members. Click here to take our survey.